ODDLY SENTIMENTAL

odd'ly: in a manner differing from the ordinary, usual, or expected. sen'ti-men'tal: marked or governed by feeling, sensiblity, or emotional idealism; expressive of tender emotions, such as love, sympathy, gentleness, & nostalgia.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO, United States

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

beware of the lady in red...

I consider myself a mild-tempered person, not much really gets to me. And I'm not one to use my blog to complain about crap. But yesterday I almost punched a lady in the face. Here's my story...
I went to Target to pick up some tiolettries that I was out of, and I paused at the make-up section to waste time and put off studying for my finals a little bit longer. Though I never wear it, I checked out the lipsticks cuz they were on sale and decided that maybe it was time to open my make-up horizon, and I have a formal dinner this weekend, so why not. I found two shades that I liked, but to see the color better, I did what all girls do, I opened the container of the lipstick. It... it was beautiful. As I put the cap back on, a Target lady came up to me.
"Give it here."
I was shocked, "Excuse me?"
"Give me the lipstick; you opened it and now we can't sell it. So give it here."
"But I'm going to buy it..." as I hand it over.
"I don't care. Give it here and give me the other one, too."
My jaw dropped. It makes me think of a jr. high kid chewing gum in class and the teacher comes over and makes them spit it out in her hand. People were staring at me and I was so embarrassed. Stupid lipstick nazi. I'll be honest, I was tempted to open more just to be a punk, but I resisted. Darn morals.

7 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Well how are you supposed to know if you like the color or not?

Lip stick that is a change!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Ah, yes! Today, lipstick. Tomorrow, liquid eyeliner! After that? Bronzer? Fake eyelashes? Plastic surgery? Oh, the possibilities...

12:37 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Ah, yes! Today, lipstick. Tomorrow, liquid eyeliner! After that? Bronzer? Fake eyelashes? Plastic surgery? Oh, the possibilities...

12:37 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

oops...

12:44 PM  
Blogger Lucas said...

That makes me angry just reading it! Although, my mother raised me to not take that crap! I would have had a manager out there in no time and I would have bought THAT lipstick, not an other one of the same kind, but THAT tube. And then that woman would have appologized.

... but then I would have lipstick... and I wouldn't know what to do with it.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I did end up calling the manager, which was useless cuz I didn't know the lady's name. But the manager was real nice, so it defused my anger and I was back to my normal, goofy self. She asked me if I could discribe the woman. I was like, "Well, she had on a red shirt, and was wearing khaki pants..."

11:26 AM  
Blogger Mandybear said...

I have to be honest that is hilarious! How funny! Darn target folks.....

today lipstick tomorrow the world!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home