ODDLY SENTIMENTAL

odd'ly: in a manner differing from the ordinary, usual, or expected. sen'ti-men'tal: marked or governed by feeling, sensiblity, or emotional idealism; expressive of tender emotions, such as love, sympathy, gentleness, & nostalgia.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO, United States

Friday, October 06, 2006

Trouble follows me everywhere I go...

And I thought last Friday was exciting...

After class, I stopped at McDonalds for a bite before running various errands all over St. Louis. I'm next in line at the drive-through, and I'm flippin' through my cds, deciding what to listen to next, then there was this horrible, burning smell. I look up and there is all this smoke surrounding my car! A bush behind the intercom had burst into flames! I pull up to the intercom and the lady said, "Welcome to McDonalds, can I help you?"
"Yeah... um... I'm not sure if you are aware of this but... the bush behind the intercom... is on fire... and could I have a 10 piece chicken McNuggets meal with a Powerade. Thanks."
About 8 people came running out with buckets of water and hoses to put out the flames.

Never a dull day in the life of Erin.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mandybear said...

Seriously I am jealous. Fun things like that always happen to you...I want to see a burning bush! Did God talk to you through it?

9:20 AM  
Blogger ahbahsean said...

Yes, God said, "That will be $5.25, please pull forward to the first window."

Erin...you are a crazy magnet.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Haha, you ladies are too funny! Mandy, come up to St.L and I'll see if I can set up that up for you ;)

6:01 PM  
Blogger cade said...

crazy magnet? why, you could work at vagabond.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home