ODDLY SENTIMENTAL

odd'ly: in a manner differing from the ordinary, usual, or expected. sen'ti-men'tal: marked or governed by feeling, sensiblity, or emotional idealism; expressive of tender emotions, such as love, sympathy, gentleness, & nostalgia.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO, United States

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Wedding Bells and Beer



























One of my nursing school buddies, Jackie, got married yesterday. For a wedding, it was pretty fun. I think my favorite thing about the wedding, though, was the gifts for the guests. Most people go with chocolates to show their appreciation to the guests for coming to their wedding. But that's not Jackie and Darrell. To them, nothing says "thanks" like a beer cozie.

3 Comments:

Blogger ahbahsean said...

that's just beautiful! :)

6:40 AM  
Blogger Lucas said...

I think I just shed a tear and vomited alittle in my mouth at the same time.

Was it a crazy reception?

9:56 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Becky- I about died laughing when I saw it sitting next to the wine glass. For my wedding, I'm thinking frisbees.

Lucas- Yeah, it was a blast. One of the many joys of being the "sober" one is that you remember what embarrassing things your friends do ... and using it as black-mail. To give you an idea of what kind of family she is marrying into, her father-in-law got really upset that he could not wear camouflage with his tux and that the wedding was on a hunting weekend.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home