ODDLY SENTIMENTAL

odd'ly: in a manner differing from the ordinary, usual, or expected. sen'ti-men'tal: marked or governed by feeling, sensiblity, or emotional idealism; expressive of tender emotions, such as love, sympathy, gentleness, & nostalgia.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO, United States

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

easily distracted...

I decided to start my Spring cleaning early in hopes to encourage warm weather to head our way. Unfortunately, it brought an ice storm instead... sorry St. Louis, my bad... I'm quite the pack-rat, so I was rather proud of myself for throwing out/getting rid of a ton of crap that I won't need when I move (for those of you who don't know, I'm moving to Boston in September. Surprise!). The cleaning process always takes longer than it should cuz I get distracted by art books, photo albums, notes/cards from people that I love, essays that I have written, shiny things. I came across this reply to a letter a friend had sent me. The P.S. of the letter had asked the question, "How come cows don't fly?". This was my reply. I don't know where I come up with this crap. It's one of those "shake my head in disgrace" moments, but it still made me laugh. Enjoy.

Reasons why cows don't fly:
1. It would be harder to get milk due to the fact that the cows would be flying south for the winter. And we would have to resort to goat's milk or soy milk.
2. Trees and telephone wires are not that strong.
3. If cows could fly, pigs would want to fly, too. And if that happened, many unlikely things would start to happen. Example- guy asks girl, "want to go on a date?", girl replies, "yeah, when pigs fly."
4. The "cow" scene in Twister wouldn't be as funny.
5. Car and home insurance rates would increase. Think Windex commercial where the crows fly into the glass windows. Think hail damage is bad? Well, cows don't leave a simple mess that a car wash would fix...

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

good for you, you had a lot of stuff.

9:22 AM  
Blogger ahbahsean said...

I like the Twister point you made the best. ha! :) ...roomie.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Lucas said...

But if they could fly, it would make Bull fighting WAY COOLER!!!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home