ODDLY SENTIMENTAL

odd'ly: in a manner differing from the ordinary, usual, or expected. sen'ti-men'tal: marked or governed by feeling, sensiblity, or emotional idealism; expressive of tender emotions, such as love, sympathy, gentleness, & nostalgia.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO, United States

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Shop Stop: Willow Lake, T.F.A., and Roots

On Friday, my dear friend, Jen, and I went to some of our favorite antique/vintage home decor shops all around the St. Louis/O'Fallon area.  And all of these spots are definitely worth checking out!

Our first stop was in O'Fallon, MO: Willow Lake Home Decor!  Oh how I adore this shop! And how I adore the owner!  She integrates the old with new- takes antiques, mingles them with new products and creates beautiful, harmonious living spaces.  She has such a great eye for decorating, and she places clippings from decor magazines to help you visualize it at your home.  You have to walk around the store three times so you don't miss anything cuz she has sooo much packed in the store.  Bonus: everything is really reasonably priced- yeah! 





These goggles were rather tempting for me!  But I resisted... for now :)


Our next stop was in the Tower Grove area: T.F.A., Jen's favorite place!  T.F.A. stands for 'The Future Antiques' (aren't they clever? :), they specialize in 50s/60s decor.  Amazing vintage chandeliers, furniture, clothing, and dishware (*love the dishware*)!  Some of their stuff is a little pricey for my liking, but you can haggle with them a little.  You will also have a lot of "OMG, my mom/grandma had this!" moments :) 



I loved these letters, kind of hard to tell in the picture but they are angled, not flat... and they were not for sale... booooo! 


Our last stop was in Maplewood: Roots! Ya, we get around :).  This is another place I like to go for decor ideas, and the ladies who work here are so sweet!  Everything is fairly priced and they have some rather unique items.  This is also a media-mixing/jewelry-making/steampunk-loving dream store!  They have antique/vintage game pieces, flash cards, watch faces/gears, and other awesome randomness to make beautiful art with.  Also, if you are looking for antique sign letter (plastic or metal), this is the place for you!




And here are my finds for the day!

I got this antique typewriter at Willow Lake.  I had bought it to go on my antique desk that I use as an end table, but it was too big, so currently it's hanging out on my coffee table.  I put a page from a children's book in it to add a little somethin' somethin'...

I got this cute little red crab from TFA.  He is actually an ink well (shell pops open), and he is currently 'sunning' himself by my flowers until I find a more permanent spot for me... 


And I got a bunch of vintage flashcards at Roots.  I currently do not have time to make something with them yet, but here is a little picture word-play for you :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home