ODDLY SENTIMENTAL

odd'ly: in a manner differing from the ordinary, usual, or expected. sen'ti-men'tal: marked or governed by feeling, sensiblity, or emotional idealism; expressive of tender emotions, such as love, sympathy, gentleness, & nostalgia.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO, United States

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Lay off the steroids...

My grandpa (the one that lives with us) is currently in the hospital. He's been having a hard time breathing, which is weakening his heart, and they found a spot on his lung (possibly cancer). So whenever you think about it, pray for him. And to help you remember to pray for him, here are a couple of humorous grandpa stories...

My grandpa is a very sweet old man. But that's a different story when he is on steroids. So these stories are not representative of how he usually is...

My sister and brother-in-law were visiting grandpa at the hospital. The nurse went up to them and said, "boy, your grandpa is ornery."
"Why do you say that?" my sister asked.
"I went into his room, and he was lying there naked with his sheets ripped off the bed. He had taken off all of his clothes, unhooked the monitors, and took out his IV. When I asked him why he did that, he replied, 'I thought you needed something to do.'"

After hearing that story, my dad told us a story about what grandpa said to him about a year ago when grandpa was on steroids. They were arguing cuz grandpa wanted Dad to get a car so he could drive again (grandpa can't drive, he can't even work the coffee machine and we put directions on it: "grandpa, push the green button"). Of course my dad said "no". In anger, grandpa said, "those kids aren't all yours." That's low, grandpa, real low...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucas said...

I would REALLY like to meet your Grandpa sometime, if you can arrange that. So far he is naked and cranky. I want to take him to a pub and see what happens.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Come on down to St. L. and I'll introduce.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home