ODDLY SENTIMENTAL

odd'ly: in a manner differing from the ordinary, usual, or expected. sen'ti-men'tal: marked or governed by feeling, sensiblity, or emotional idealism; expressive of tender emotions, such as love, sympathy, gentleness, & nostalgia.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO, United States

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Erin's Guide to Dating, Chapter 1: What Not To Say On The First Date

I'm sarcastic. I grew up in a family where if you said or did something stupid, you would get made fun of for it. It's a riot; you should see us all together, we have so much fun. The ladies at work call me "smart @ss" (in a loving way, of course), but I prefer the term "quick-witted". But luckily I'm pretty good at reading people, so I know when to keep my mouth shut. But even though it's very rare, sometimes my mouth can get me in trouble...
My friend had set me up on a blind date. I went to his house to meet him (okay, normally I would not meet a guy at his house when I don't know him, I'm smarter than that, but it was a three story, old house in the city and I really wanted to see it), and he was giving me the grand tour. His place was very masculine in the decoration, except for this girly pink vase with dragon flies on it. We had been talking on the phone for a little over a week and I feel comfortable with him and he has a great sense of humor, so I took this opportunity to make fun of his choice in vases. His reply: "That was the last gift I gave my mother before she died last summer." Don't worry... I'll show myself the door...

5 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

haha erin!!!

How about insult brothers job and nibble on dad's ear. Then insult mom's job

9:03 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Don't worry I'm shure he will find a way to forgive you. I always do.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Lucas said...

Yeah, don't worry, that just adds flavor to the relationship. Ask Amanda, I met her in Streator and had no idea who she was.

"I was best-friends with your girlfriend Laura, you've known my sister for two years, you eat dinner at my parents house all the time, I dated your best friend Tyler..."

"Sorry not ringing a bell... You want to go cruise the strip?"

2:13 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Adam, do you remember the embarrassing things we both did on our first dates? I seem to be no good at first dates, maybe I should just skip to the second date...

Alaina, I heard your milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...

Matt, do we have a problem we need to work out that I was unaware of?

And Lucas, I have no desire to add flavor to that "relationship".

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home