ODDLY SENTIMENTAL

odd'ly: in a manner differing from the ordinary, usual, or expected. sen'ti-men'tal: marked or governed by feeling, sensiblity, or emotional idealism; expressive of tender emotions, such as love, sympathy, gentleness, & nostalgia.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO, United States

Friday, February 24, 2006

So, who got to rub a uterus today?

I know what you're thinking: "what the?!" During post-conference of my labor and delivery clinical on Wed, my instructor asked us that question. The funny part was that she was being serious; it was hard for me to not bust out laughing cuz it's an odd question, even in the nursing realm. I thought it would make an appropriate title for today's post.

I had a dream on Wed. night that I was pregnant. It was one of those dreams that felt real. Not only was I pregnant, I was a surrogate mother for Janet and Chad. Janet and I were shopping, and bumped into Chad who was working at Express at the time. I decided this was a good time to give some patient education; I showed them how to find the head of the baby by pushing on the stomach and then find the back and legs and stuff. Chad thought that was weird and he didn't want to try it. And that's all I can remember. So now I'll try to figure out what it means: um, I just found out that Chad and Janet had their baby, I was holding babies at clinicals that evening, I just learned how to feel for the placement of the baby, and I like shopping? But I have decided that that is the last time I let my nursing buddies convince me to go out for a drink after clinicals.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lucas said...

Man, you always take all the good titles.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

I'm going to have to say that I have not rubbed any uterus...uteri...utery...what is the plural of that anyway?

8:10 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I... I don't know. That's a really good question.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Lucas said...

I looked it up... because I have spare time. It can be Uteri (proper) or Uteruses (also acceptable).

Erin, I'm no nursing student, but I think you may have symptoms of a fairly common infection called "Baby Fever." Many times when females young and old, hold babies they then think, dream, and wish for babies.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Ahh, yes. I probably do have baby fever, but I'm unconsciously suppressing it. I have way too much going on to think about that. No babies till late-late twenties or early thirties for me... and, of course, till after I'm married.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home